Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How is Your Diocese Sharing Lent?

I was really pleased to read in a letter from His Excellency this Sunday that our Bishop Michael Mulhall of Pembroke seems to have completely cut off Development and Peace this Lent. I have not been following all this stuff too closely, but he seems to have been pretty consistent with this over the last few years. (Correct me if I am wrong!) His strong stance should come as no surprise, I suppose, as he is one of the 'slices of meat' in the middle of the Central Ontario episcopal focaccia bun of Cardinal Collins and Archbishop Prendergast, both of whom have taken very strong positions vis a vis D & P.

My question is, how is your diocese living the Gospel of Life this Lent with respect to its distribution of the faithful's money?

(I'll understand if you folks from Edmonton don't want to participate...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment